Please cite: Zikeba, M., Tomczak, J. M., Lubicz, M., & Swikatek, J. (2013). Boosted SVM for extracting rules from imbalanced data in application to prediction of the post-operative life expectancy in the lung cancer patients. Applied Soft Computing.
Thoracic Surgery Data Data Set
The data is dedicated to classification problem related to the post-operative life expectancy in the lung cancer patients: class 1 - death within one year after surgery, class 2 - survival.
Creators: Marek Lubicz (1), Konrad Pawelczyk (2), Adam Rzechonek (2), Jerzy Kolodziej (2)
-- (1) Wroclaw University of Technology, wybrzeze Wyspianskiego 27, 50-370, Wroclaw, Poland
-- (2) Wroclaw Medical University, wybrzeze L. Pasteura 1, 50-367 Wroclaw, Poland
Donor: Maciej Zieba (maciej.zieba '@' pwr.wroc.pl), Jakub M. Tomczak (jakub.tomczak '@' pwr.wroc.pl), (+48) 71 320 44 53
* Data Set Information:
The data was collected retrospectively at Wroclaw Thoracic Surgery Centre for patients who underwent major lung resections for primary lung cancer in the years 2007â€“2011. The Centre is associated with the Department of Thoracic Surgery of the Medical University of Wroclaw and Lower-Silesian Centre for Pulmonary Diseases, Poland, while the research database constitutes a part of the National Lung Cancer Registry, administered by the Institute of Tuberculosis and Pulmonary Diseases in Warsaw, Poland.
* Attribute Information:
1. DGN: Diagnosis - specific combination of ICD-10 codes for primary and secondary as well multiple tumours if any (DGN3,DGN2,DGN4,DGN6,DGN5,DGN8,DGN1)
2. PRE4: Forced vital capacity - FVC (numeric)
3. PRE5: Volume that has been exhaled at the end of the first second of forced expiration - FEV1 (numeric)
4. PRE6: Performance status - Zubrod scale (PRZ2,PRZ1,PRZ0)
5. PRE7: Pain before surgery (T,F)
6. PRE8: Haemoptysis before surgery (T,F)
7. PRE9: Dyspnoea before surgery (T,F)
8. PRE10: Cough before surgery (T,F)
9. PRE11: Weakness before surgery (T,F)
10. PRE14: T in clinical TNM - size of the original tumour, from OC11 (smallest) to OC14 (largest) (OC11,OC14,OC12,OC13)
11. PRE17: Type 2 DM - diabetes mellitus (T,F)
12. PRE19: MI up to 6 months (T,F)
13. PRE25: PAD - peripheral arterial diseases (T,F)
14. PRE30: Smoking (T,F)
15. PRE32: Asthma (T,F)
16. AGE: Age at surgery (numeric)
17. Risk1Y: 1 year survival period - (T)rue value if died (T,F)
Class Distribution: the class value (Risk1Y) is binary valued.