Author: Ship Hydromechanics Laboratory","Maritime and Transport Technology Department","Technical University of Delft.
Source: UCI - [original](http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets/yacht+hydrodynamics) - Date unknown
Yacht Hydrodynamics Dataset
Data Set Information
Prediction of residuary resistance of sailing yachts at the initial design stage is of a great value for evaluating the shipâ€™s performance and for estimating the required propulsive power. Essential inputs include the basic hull dimensions and the boat velocity.
The Delft data set comprises 308 full-scale experiments, which were performed at the Delft Ship Hydromechanics Laboratory for that purpose.
These experiments include 22 different hull forms, derived from a parent form closely related to the â€˜Standfast 43â€™ designed by Frans Maas.
Variations concern hull geometry coefficients and the Froude number:
1. Longitudinal position of the center of buoyancy, adimensional.
2. Prismatic coefficient, adimensional.
3. Length-displacement ratio, adimensional.
4. Beam-draught ratio, adimensional.
5. Length-beam ratio, adimensional.
6. Froude number, adimensional.
The measured variable is the residuary resistance per unit weight of displacement:
7. Residuary resistance per unit weight of displacement, adimensional.